Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Terminology

As a mother of two boys, I'm outnumbered in our home. Although I grew up with a brother (and two sisters), my sense of boy-ness is sometimes rusty. Well, let's be honest... I'm a work in progress.

Why should I care if my boys are filthy while camping? I do. But, I shouldn't.
Why should I care if they have peanut butter and jelly on their cheeks as they run to go and play? I do. But, I shouldn't.

Why should I care if my boys wrestle and try to tear one anothers arms off? Their boys. Boys are supposed to wrestle, turn red faced and sweat profusely, right? Still caring here.

Why should I care if my newly swept and mopped floor gets wet and freshly cut grass all over it? I do. But, I shouldn't. It's just grass and water and a few minutes of clean up...

Uh, raising boys is a lot different than raising girls. Dummy, slow mom here is beginning to see that. I've decided that I need to shift gears, take it down a notch and reason in a whole new way.. W.W. Be gone.

The boys got new Razors last Christmas. But this summer, they've taken to them. In fact, we've even watched a video with all sorts of tricks that the boys want to do think they can do. I'm learning things like, "tail whip", "bunny hop", and "stall". Perhaps my new found skater lingo will make me cool? Nah, I didn't think so either.

And so with my new cool, calm and collected tude, I used my energy to snap some pictures of them riding today instead of reminding them to look both ways before they cross the street.






Photobucket

No comments: