Monday, February 8, 2010

Note To Self

When am I going to realize that the time to look for festive holiday ideas is really the month before the holiday...

I was searching for some FHE ideas and came across a fantastic Valentine tradition. I think I'll hang onto this lotsa-love fest idea and introduce it to our family in 2011. Why? Because I think my youngest will get more out of it and (the real reason) because we've already missed a week of the fun!

In a nutshell: Everyone in the family creates a Losta-Love envelope for them self. They are hung on the fridge and within reach of all the children. A stash of pre-made note templates and crayons or markers are kept close by and for two weeks the family spreads love by writing or drawing secret love messages for one another.... and who doesn't love getting mail?

I'd be willing to bet that the overall level of raised voices and fighting may very well decrease in a household over that two week period. I may even just chart that progress next year. And heck, if that's the case I just might institute Holmes Losta-Love Fest all year 'round... :)

I thought I'd pass along my find. If you're interested in doing something similar, you can find the templates here.

Happy Love Month!



No comments: