Monday, February 14, 2011

{What Is Ragnar?}

Picture this. Running a relay race through the Seattle area, starting near the border of Canada and winding south, all the way down to Whidbey Island. This race pushes you and 11 friends, day and night, through 187 miles of stunning Washington scenery. Starting in the seaside town of Blaine, teams head south through farm country, along the coast and ultimately crossing over Deception Pass. The race (and your stamina) wraps up on the southern tip of Whidbey Island.

That's the Northwest Passage.

How do you cover 187 miles? Only one runner hits the road at a time. The rest of your teammates are on support duty in your race vehicles. Oh and am I going to get a lot of support. My teammates are wild, crazy and just plain old fun. And although I voted for the team name, Runnin' Like We Stole Somethin'.... in the end, majority ruled and said Pimp My Stride.

So... Pimp My Stride it is.

And I'm absolutely looking forward to it-

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jodi Elwell said...

I am sooo looking forward to doing this with you and the others. We are going to have so much fun! If you don't mind, i am going to steal how you explained the ragnar to put on my blog!:)

See you soon in Wenatchee!:)

Outnumbered Three To One said...

Hey Jodi... Steal away! :)