Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{Smart As A Whip}

Several weeks ago Caleb came down with the flu. The next morning Caleb woke up came downstairs and felt like drinking something other then water. So I poured him some ginger ale to drink.

With a mouth full of cereal Porter said, I want some pop too.
I replied, Oh honey.. this pop is for people that are sick."

Porter looked at Caleb and then at me and without missing a beat, he performed the loudest sneeze.... smart 3 year old.



Did you know that you can burn 770 calories if you jump rope for an hour? Wow. Impressed. Whenever I run, I always enjoy looking at my Garmin to see my calorie burn. But I must admit, it's not quite as impressive as the potential burn of jump'n er rope. Intrigued, I wondered how long could I last?

So I turned on Regis & Kelly and started 'er up. Exhausted I stopped at 30 minutes then did some yoga and called it a cross training day. Impressed by my half hour of jumping and going no where skills I let my mom know about my accomplishment. I bragged to my dad and my husband. I told my sister. In fact I even called a girlfriend to toot my own horn. I was a proud peacock.

This morning however, I dropped to the floor (involuntary) while getting out of bed. My calf's are solid rocks and burn with each step. It's lunch time and I've tried to stretch the heck out of them all morning. This proud peacock who isn't so smart has turned into an 87 year old slow moving grandma. This activity fit for a 9 year old should be worked up slowwwwwwly and come with a caution label.

xoxo

Photobucket

No comments: