Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nothing "Plane" About Today



Oh to be four years old again and to see life through my children's eyes. I wish I'd received a nickel for every time I heard the words, "Mom, Look!"... I'd be a gazillionaire today. This day was precious and I will hold on tight to the memory of Caleb and his enthusiastic expressions (which did not really change from one plane to the next.... in his opinion they were all equally cool. We tuckered the kids out walking in the blaz'n hot sun while we checked out several historical and current aircrafts.

It was well worth the blisters I got (quote Damon, "from not wearing proper footwear.") And it was worth carrying heavy lawn chairs for the mile walk that we never ended up using.

The highlight of our day was watching the Blue Angels in motion. What amazing talent and precision the pilots had. Caleb has decided that when he's done being a garbage man, he'd like to fly planes when he grows up. I hope you reach for the stars little guy... reach big. I love you!

~A three-year-old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm.~ Bill Vaugn
















No comments: